I’ve just published my Cocoa Coding Conventions.
I seem to have accrued a stack of fiction that I haven’t got around to reading. This is just a stick in the ground so I remember to dig them up and read them at some time:
I mentored at CoderDojo London this weekend. These are just some of my thoughts about it.
I qualified for Google Code Jam this year answering 3 out of 4 questions. I have no illusions about progressing very far, but I’m using it as an excuse to learn some Haskell and to write code faster.
As part of the learning process, I took one of my correct solutions over to the nice folks at the #haskell channel over on freenode and asked if there was a better way to do it. I learned something surprising.
As part of my preparation for Google Code Jam I’ve been working through the practice problems with Haskell.
I made a screencast on solving the Reverse Words problem, along with the mechanics of getting the problem inputs and submitting solutions. The style was heavily influenced by a sequence on Data Driven Programming in Haskell by Jonas Tullus
A while ago I answered a couple of questions on Stack Overflow using my
.gitignore file as an example. I find it strangely satisfying to find that
there are projects on GitHub that use it, and even the odd blogs has put it up
I might as well have it on my own site:
Sometimes you want to test your localisations but you don’t want to go through the hassle of changing the settings on the simulator, or device, or your Mac for each one. There’s always the fear of setting some language that you don’t understand.
But, with Xcode4 schemes and a little argument passing this is a lot easier than it used to be. You can set up a scheme for each localisation which will let you run your iOS or Mac app under that localisation without having to change any settings.
The old site had the Solarized Dark theme - and once I saw that the code formatting on Octopress was that by default I decided to make the move. Now I can happily write Markdown formatted posts with Emacs and see an almost live preview of how it will look when published. I get to keep it on GitHub and have it in a repository.
I’ve tried to set the general colours to Solarized Light. Seems okay so far but still plenty of room for tweaking.