I am a freelance and iOS and macOS developer based in London. I focus on writing modern and maintainable code.
I’ve given a few presentations over the years, you can see links to the slides and videos for some of them on the Presentations page. My next speaking engagement is at Mobilization in Łódź, Poland on the 26th of October 2019 where I’ll be talking about Core Data.
You can find me online at various places, mostly with the username
I organise the monthly NSCoder Night London meetings where Cocoa develepers can get together to share some knowledge, fix a some bugs and have a litle downtime.
If I’m not programming I’ll be reading or running around South East London, although more thinking about running than actually running. I used to run between 2002-2003 but stopped for various reasons. But last year I read Born to Run: The Hidden Tribe, the Ulra-Runners, and the Greatest Race the World Has Never Seen by Cristopher McDougall and I’m giving it another try.
I type using the Dvorak keyboard layout - but leave the actual keyboard in the QWERTY layout. It stops me looking at the keyboard. It took a good few months before I was able to type properly, but I’m glad I did it. I only wish iOS devices had the Dvorak option.
There are no comments on this site. Rather - there are no unmoderated comments on this site. I used to have a Wordpress blog with comments, but the signal got drowned out in the noise. Feel free to email me instead; I might even edit my posts to take account of feedback.
I’m not currently available for contract work until at least January 2020, but feel free to get in touch, you’ll find my email address in the sidebar.
- Most of the time you can get me on Twitter.
- You can see my code on Github.
- I’m active on Stack Overflow.
- If you want to see how I’m doing with Parkrun, take a look at my history page
- No, I don’t have a Facebook page. It started off as a little exercise to see how long I’d manage without one, and now it’s become a bit of a thing for me not to have one.
- Have a look at my pictures on Flickr.
- Do you want to connect with me at LinkedIn?
- Have a look at my (old) posts about Git over at 365Git
Key ID: 7E2C07666BEEED1C
Key Signature: CF1C 8FE5 A508 0E70 4BCB 97DE 7E2C 0766 6BEE ED1C
Key: Available on a keyserver near you or you can download it from here.